SleepDrops Magnesium Liquid is an effective way to deliver, rapid absorption magnesium.
How does Magnesium Liquid support sleep?
- Works with our main sleep hormone Melatonin and increases slow-wave sleep (the most restorative sleep phase)
- Magnesium is a co-factor for over 700 enzymatic processes in the body, and is required for production of neurotransmitters involved in sleep such as GABA.
- Supports a healthy stress response (stress is a major contributor to sleep disruption)
- Supports balance of cortisol, our stress hormone (cortisol dysfunction is associated with sleep disruption)
- Supports restless leg syndrome
- Supports a healthy response to pain, a common reason why people struggle with sleep
- Supports blood vessels and blood flow throughout the body, which can help conditions such as headaches (one of many sleep disruptors)
- As well as being required for over 300 enzymatic processes it is also required for healthy functioning of every cell of the human body.
- Positive customer and consumer outcomes
Magnesium is an essential mineral involved in developing healthy sleep patterns. Magnesium Liquid is specifically designed to support the magnesium requirements for optimal sleep across all ages, lifestyle stages and sleeping challenges.
Our formulas, including Magnesium Liquid, are informed by evidence-based practice. This includes the type of magnesium we use and our specific dosing instructions for different ages.
- High strength
1ml of Magnesium liquid is equivalent to 100mg of elemental magnesium.
- Fast absorption
A liquid form means that the magnesium is quickly absorbed and bypasses normal digestive processes.
- Therapeutic dosing
Magnesium Liquid is a therapeutic dosing formula and dosing can be easily adjusted to meet the wellbeing needs of everyone.
Combine with the following SleepDrops products for improved synergistic prescribing:
Frequently asked questions
Is Magnesium Liquid pleasant tasting?
Not really – Magnesium Liquid is pretty salty. We recommend you following the recipes ideas that come on the neck tag. The benefits far outweigh its flavour. Once people get used to it, they love it and start adding it to their drinking water and drink it throughout the day too. For best sleep results take at night before bed.
What type of magnesium is used in Magnesium Liquid?
We have chosen magnesium chloride as the form of magnesium for this product due to the scientific studies that have shown it to be rapidly absorbed and utilised very effectively by the body.
How many doses are in a bottle of Magnesium Liquid?
100 doses. One dose is equal to 1mL. 1mL is equal to 100mg elemental magnesium.
Can Magnesium Liquid be taken in the day and in the night?
Yes. You can divide your dose throughout the day. For example, an adult can take 1-4 mL in the morning and 1-4 mL before bed.
Can I take Magnesium Liquid while I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
Yes! Magnesium Liquid is ideal for pregnant and breastfeeding women due to increased nutritional demands for yourself or your growing baby.
How long should I take Magnesium Liquid for?
We recommend taking Magnesium Liquid for a minimum of 1 month, and ongoing as needed.
Can magnesium cause an upset tummy?
Yes. Up to 76% of magnesium is absorbed through your gut depending on your gut health and your needs. Some people experience a temporary loosening of their bowel movements when they first start taking magnesium. This is usually temporary and shouldn’t cause pain. If you experience pain stop immediately.
Can I overdose on Magnesium Liquid?
Its almost impossible. But like everything it is possible. However, people regularly take up to 1800mg for migraines so stay below this level and you should be okay.
How do I find out the right dose for me?
We recommend starting at the lower dose as outlined in our dosing directions and working up to the maximum dose or to the dose which you are seeing the most benefit.
Is it possible for Magnesium Liquid to react with other medications I am taking?
Yes it is possible. Certainly antibiotics cannot be taken with magnesium. If you are at all unsure, consult with your primary healthcare practitioner. For all other medications we recommend taking Magnesium Liquid 2 hours away from medications. This is the general rule for all supplements. Your safety is important to us.