How can I get to sleep? – An Introduction
With over 80 medically recognized insomnia or sleep related medical conditions there are literally millions of people asking “how can I get to sleep” every day and every night!
There are many approaches one can take on how to get to sleep. This short article will be the first in a series analyzing the different methods that people use in helping themselves to get to sleep. We will have a look at the pro’s and con’s of each method and hopefully get some feedback from people about what worked and didn’t work for them. Remember though, every person is very different from another in the following ways – biochemically, physically, spiritually, mentally and emotionally and all of these differences impact on a person’s ability to get to sleep and what they need to do in their quest of HOW to get to sleep. So just because one method doesn’t work for one person doesn’t mean it won’t work for you. What a person needs to do in their quest to ascertain how they will get to sleep is this:
- Firstly recognize that sleeplessness is a medical condition that is negatively impacting on all aspects of your health and deserves your utmost attention to rectify it as soon as is humanly possible. Insomnia literally can cause you an early death!
- Keep a sleep diary so you really know what you are working with before you start!
- Do as much research as you can on methods that help people sleep and on what causes insomnia in the first place – that way you can recognize something that you might have done or be doing now to contribute to this state of insomnia.
- Follow the advice of people who know what they are talking about ( not necessarily your Doctor) OR have a special interest in the subject of helping people get to sleep, insomnia or sleeplessness because passion most often shows a positive intention and often experience which you need!
- Make small but consistent alterations to your lifestyle, nutrition, physical health to enhance your sleeping potential
- Take natural sleep remedies or sleep aids at night before bed and during the night if necessary
- Actively work to reducing stress in your life
- Ascertain whether activities or approaches towards getting to sleep are practical for you to implement in your life – there is no point promising to get up at 5am in order to ‘reset’ your body clock if you don’t go to sleep until 2am!
AS our team work on this information for you and other people struggling every night on How to get to sleep – please feel free to email us your tips on what worked and didn’t work for you so we can share how you get to you sleep with others in need. email@example.com